Q Disclaimer Notice
Please do not proceed any further into the Q website unless you accept the following conditions:
- No liability is accepted to any person for loss or damages incurred as a result of reliance upon material contained at this website.
- Q accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of information or material accessed through the site. Performance details in the What's On section are subject to change without prior notice.
- By logging on to the Q Patronbase Booking section, you will have deemed to have released and discharged Q from all liability which might arise.
- By logging onto the Q Patronbase Booking section, you will be assuming all risks associated with use of the site, including risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via the Q website and Q PatronBase booking site by your access to it.
Q Copyright Notice
The text and images contained on this website are protected by the laws of New Zealand, including copyright law.
Apart from any use permitted under the Copyright Act 1994, no part may be reproduced by any process without written permission from Q.
Requests and enquiries can be directed to:
PO Box 7263
Victoria Street West
Telephone: 09 309 9771
Your ticket is sold by Q Theatre Ltd as agent for and on behalf of “the Promoter” (the party who presents the event, including a promoter or producer or venue as the case may be, details of which are available from Q Theatre Ltd), and any person who purchases, possesses and/or uses or attempts to use any Ticket shall be deemed to have fully and irrevocably accepted and agreed to comply with the following terms and conditions.
1. Any representations made are made by the Promoter and not Q Theatre Ltd, and any claims are the responsibility of the Promoter and not Q Theatre Ltd.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programmes, prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
3. Any use of the Q Theatre logo as well as designs found on the ticket and website must only be made after being granted prior written consent of Q Theatre Ltd.
4. All persons attending an event at Q Theatre, including children, must hold a valid ticket.
5. There are no refunds or exchanges on any ticket or service fee (including but not limited to where a ticket has been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, or where the ticket holder’s personal circumstances have changed) except as required by applicable laws in the place of purchase. Ticket or service fees charged by Q Theatre Ltd in respect of each ticket are non-refundable, subject to your rights and remedies under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (as amended from time to time). Nothing in this section limits or restricts any rights or remedies which the ticket holder may have at law.
6. Q Theatre Ltd reserves the right to refuse admission or require the ticket holder to leave the venues, without compensation, in circumstances where Q Theatre Ltd considers it has cause, including, but not limited to, where Q Theatre Ltd considers the ticket holder has breached these Terms & Conditions or any law, regulation or rules applying to the event or venue.
7. Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased from Q Theatre Ltd or any other authorised points of sale.
8. Late arrival may result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the programme or non-admittance to the Event.
9. The use of cameras, video and audio recorders, mobile telephones and pagers may not be permitted in certain events. All pagers and mobile phones, if permitted, must be turned off before entry.
10. The ticket holder must comply with all security requirements of Q Theatre Ltd and The Promoter as a condition of admission to the event, which may include but not be limited to a search of a person and/or their possessions (including bags and clothing) and/or confiscation of prohibited items, at the time of entry to the venue. None of the following items may be admitted in the venue: beverages, glass bottles or food (unless required for health reasons) except where purchased at the venue. If concerned, please consult the venue. Q Theatre Ltd and the Promoter accept no responsibility for any confiscated items.
11. Your ticket may not, without the prior written consent of Q Theatre Ltd, be resold at a premium or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions, lottery prizes, fundraising events and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services.
12. All children 13 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult while at Q Theatre Ltd venues. Unless it is a designated children’s event, children under three years of age will not be admitted.
13. When collecting or presenting concession tickets or when entering events with an age restriction in place, appropriate identification must be shown. If suitable identification is not shown, you may be refused entry to the event.
14. In the event that General Admission tickets are lost in the post, they cannot be reprinted due to the potential for duplication or fraud. It is strongly advised that you collect in person from Q Theatre Ltd box office.
15. Q Theatre Ltd reserves the right to charge additional fees for additional services rendered.
17. A credit card fee will apply when the promoter has elected to pass on the credit card surcharge to customers who choose to pay by credit card. This follows an agreement in August 2009 between the Commerce Commission and credit card companies which allow retailers to charge extra on payments made with credit cards. This surcharge will be 3% and includes credit card fees and expenses, handling and associated infrastructure costs. The credit card surcharge will apply to purchases at a box office, or over the phone or internet. The credit card surcharge does not apply for cash or EFTPOS purchases (excluding credit or debit cards) at any of our Box Offices.
18. Credit card details are processed via an immediate exchange of information between Q Theatre Ltd and a DPS via the credit card user’s bank. Q Theatre does not store your credit card information in any of our servers or systems.
19. By entering the venue, you agree to comply with all COVID-19 related instructions displayed at your performance venue at the time. Failure to do so may mean you will be removed from the venue.
20. The primary ticket purchaser (account holder) is responsible for knowing the contact details of all attendees in their group (including their full name, contact email and contact phone number). In the event the primary ticket purchaser is contacted directly by the Ministry of Health for the purposes of contact tracing, they must make these details available to the Ministry of Health for that purpose.
21. In the instance that audience capacity is reduced below existing sales due to COVID-19 restrictions, some bookings will be cancelled. Cancellations will be determined by reverse chronological order of when a booking was made. All customers who have their booking cancelled will be contacted by Q Theatre and will receive a full refund.
22. All ticket prices are shown in New Zealand dollars.