Q Disclaimer Notice
Please do not proceed any further into the Q website unless you accept the following conditions:
- No liability is accepted to any person for loss or damages incurred as a result of reliance upon material contained at this website.
- Q accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of information or material accessed through the site. Performance details in the What's On section are subject to change without prior notice.
- By logging on to the Q Patronbase Booking section, you will have deemed to have released and discharged Q from all liability which might arise.
- By logging onto the Q Patronbase Booking section, you will be assuming all risks associated with use of the site, including risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via the Q website and Q PatronBase booking site by your access to it.
Q Copyright Notice
The text and images contained on this website are protected by the laws of New Zealand, including copyright law.
Apart from any use permitted under the Copyright Act 1994, no part may be reproduced by any process without written permission from Q.
Requests and enquiries can be directed to:
PO Box 7263
Telephone: 09 309 8324
Your ticket is sold by Q Theatre Ltd as agent for and on behalf of “the Promoter” (the party who presents the event, including a promoter or producer or venue as the case may be, details of which are available from Q Theatre Ltd), and any person who purchases, possesses and/or uses or attempts to use any Ticket shall be deemed to have fully and irrevocably accepted and agreed to comply with the following terms and conditions.
1. Any representations made are made by the Promoter and not Q Theatre Ltd, and any claims are the responsibility of the Promoter and not Q Theatre Ltd.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programmes, prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
3. Any use of the Q Theatre logo as well as designs found on the ticket and website must only be made after being granted prior written consent of Q Theatre Ltd.
4. All persons attending an event at Q Theatre, including children, must hold a valid ticket.
5. There are no refunds or exchanges on any ticket or service fee (including but not limited to where a ticket has been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, or where the ticket holder’s personal circumstances have changed) except as required by applicable laws in the place of purchase. Ticket or service fees charged by Q Theatre Ltd in respect of each ticket are non-refundable, subject to your rights and remedies under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (as amended from time to time). Nothing in this section limits or restricts any rights or remedies which the ticket holder may have at law.
6. Q Theatre Ltd reserves the right to refuse admission or require the ticket holder to leave the venues, without compensation, in circumstances where Q Theatre Ltd considers it has cause, including, but not limited to, where Q Theatre Ltd considers the ticket holder has breached these Terms & Conditions or any law, regulation or rules applying to the event or venue.
7. Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased from Q Theatre Ltd or any other authorised points of sale.
8. Late arrival may result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the programme or non-admittance to the Event.
9. The use of cameras, video and audio recorders, mobile telephones and pagers may not be permitted in certain events. All pagers and mobile phones, if permitted, must be turned off before entry.
10. The ticket holder must comply with all security requirements of Q Theatre Ltd and The Promoter as a condition of admission to the event, which may include but not be limited to a search of a person and/or their possessions (including bags and clothing) and/or confiscation of prohibited items, at the time of entry to the venue. None of the following items may be admitted in the venue: beverages, glass bottles or food (unless required for health reasons) except where purchased at the venue. If concerned, please consult the venue. Q Theatre Ltd and the Promoter accept no responsibility for any confiscated items.
11. Your ticket may not, without the prior written consent of Q Theatre Ltd, be resold at a premium or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions, lottery prizes, fundraising events and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services.
12. All children 13 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult while at Q Theatre Ltd venues. Unless it is a designated children’s event, children under three years of age will not be admitted.
13. When collecting or presenting concession tickets or when entering events with an age restriction in place, appropriate identification must be shown. If suitable identification is not shown, you may be refused entry to the event.
14. In the event that General Admission tickets are lost in the post, they cannot be reprinted due to the potential for duplication or fraud. It is strongly advised that you collect in person from Q Theatre Ltd box office.
15. Q Theatre Ltd reserves the right to charge additional fees for additional services rendered.
17. A credit card fee will apply when the promoter has elected to pass on the credit card surcharge to customers who choose to pay by credit card. This follows an agreement in August 2009 between the Commerce Commission and credit card companies which allow retailers to charge extra on payments made with credit cards. This surcharge will be 3% and includes credit card fees and expenses, handling and associated infrastructure costs. The credit card surcharge will apply to purchases at a box office, or over the phone or internet. The credit card surcharge does not apply for cash or EFTPOS purchases (excluding credit or debit cards) at any of our Box Offices.
18. Credit card details are processed via an immediate exchange of information between Q Theatre Ltd and a DPS via the credit card user’s bank. Q Theatre does not store your credit card information in any of our servers or systems.
19. All ticket prices are shown in New Zealand dollars.
Updated: 17 April 2019
1. As a Q Hero member, you are bound by these Terms and Conditions. Application for Q Heroes Membership is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Q Theatre Limited and Q Theatre Trust have the right to reject any application to participate in the Q Heroes membership program.
2. Any level of Q Heroes membership is non-transferable and non-refundable.
3. Q Heroes memberships are not classified as a donation and therefore are not tax deductible.
4. The Q Heroes Membership is designed for the benefit of individual patrons of Q Theatre. It is not intended for those representing social, corporate, concierge or tourism organisations and all benefits are not intended for resale individually or as part of a package. Limitations may apply including the number of tickets that can be purchased at a discount, or during membership presales. Limitations on specific Q Heroes offers and discounts will be communicated as part of the individual terms of the offer.
5. The Q Heroes membership benefits cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offers.
6. Ticket discounts and presales are offered on selected shows by Q Theatre only and are subject to change. Standard Ticket Terms & Conditions of sale and entry apply and can be viewed above.
7. Requests to transfer tickets must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the performance that the transfer is from. Requests must be made in writing to email@example.com
8. Transfer of tickets is solely at the discretion of the promoter of the production the transfer of tickets is requested from. Transfers are subject to availability of tickets in the performance the transfer is requested to.
9. Transfer requests must be made between 2 performances of the same production. Transfers between two different productions are not eligible for consideration and will be automatically declined.
10. With the exception of the transfer fee, credit card surcharge and additional fees related to booking still apply and these fees are not waived as part of The Q Heroes Membership Program. In instances where the performance being transferred to has higher priced tickets than the performance being transferred from, the additional costs will be charged to the customer. In instances where the performance being transferred to has lower priced tickets than the performance being transferred from, no refund will be given.
11. When no tickets are available for an upcoming performance customers may request to be placed on a “Waitlist”. To be added to the “Waitlist” customers need to call (09) 309 9771 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the instructions given.
12. Being on the “Waitlist” does not guarantee or signal any increased chance of buying a ticket to the performance and tickets may become available without the “Waitlist” being notified.
13. In instances that tickets become available and the “Waitlist” is notified, Q Heroes will be contacted preferentially to standard customers. If more than 1 Q Hero is on the “Waitlist”, they will be contacted in order of date added to the “Waitlist”.
14. In the instance where Q Theatre is able to contact people on the “Waitlist” it is done by phone call to the designated phone number on the customer account. If the call is not answered Q Theatre will leave a voice message and contact the next account on the “Waitlist”. If there are still tickets available after phone contact has been attempted to all accounts on the “Waitlist”, Q Theatre will release tickets for public sale.
15. Show posters are strictly subject to availability. Posters must be reserved in advance through Q Theatre’s Marketing Department. Requests writing to email@example.com. Posters will only be made available for collection once the production run has ended. The individual poster provided will be at Q Theatre’s discretion. Due to wear and tear sustained over the course of advertising the production the final condition of the posters will vary.
16. Q Heroes members whose current membership began before 18 April 2019 will retain all membership benefits offered at the time of purchase until the end of the 12 month membership period. Any memberships renewed from 18 April 2019 will not be eligible for previous benefits.
17. The Q Heroes Membership may be cancelled, and all benefits of membership revoked without any refunds, by us at our discretion if we have reason to believe the member is acting contrary to these Terms and Conditions or Q Theatre’s Ticket Terms & Conditions, or if Q Theatre should cease to operate in its current capacity as an independently owned and operated theatre venue.
18. We may sometimes add to, change or remove benefits and offers and their associated Terms and Conditions as well as the provisions of these Q Heroes Membership Terms & Conditions. These offers are subject to change without notice. Details of all changes will be available at qtheatre.co.nz/qheroes
19. If we decide to discontinue the Q Heroes Membership Program, you will be notified and we will continue to offer you Q Hero benefits until your membership expires.
20. We may choose not to enforce some of these terms in some cases. That does not mean that we have waived our rights with respect to those terms. Any waiver by us must be in writing.
21. If any of these terms cannot be enforced, the remaining terms will survive.