SUMMER AT Q
Summer at Q is our annual celebration of independent makers, designed to give artists and audiences a chance to take risks but with some cosy marketing and technical support provided by Q. Dance, theatre, music, live art, talks, workshops, cabaret, comedy, whatever your preferred artform, its welcome here.
Thanks to the support of the University of Auckland, productions programmed into Summer at Q will access packaged rates and additional support that make your time at Q a simple as possible. We’re so thankful to the University of Auckland who back our urge to push the boundaries with exciting and ground-breaking ideas and content.
We are putting out the call for submissions for:
- TICKETED SEASONS // Loft and Vault performance spaces are ideal for a 4 or 5 night season. Seasons will be double or triple billed. Rangatira is ideal for big shows wanting to present a short 1 or 2 night season. We are also open to shorter and longer seasons.
- FREE, NON-TICKETED EVENTS & PERFORMANCES // Our Lounge is an ideal exhibition area. It’s a visual/installation art space right on Queen Street - an open inviting area just waiting for your ideas.
Keep reading to find key dates, contact details and information on how to apply.
Pictured above: A few successful applicants from 2021
SUMMER AT Q // KEY DATES
- Submissions open: 5 pm on Monday16 August 2021
- Submissions close: Sunday 17 October 2021
- Festival begins: Tuesday 1 February 2022
- Festival ends: Sunday 27 February 2022
Links & contact details:
HOW TO APPLY
- Read the info sheet for a more detailed summary of the festival.
- Come and see us and have a look at our spaces, to make sure Q has the qualities your show is looking for.
- Download, then fill out the Summer at Q submission form – for ticketed events, free events or exhibition ideas.
- Email submissions to Q’s Programme Manager | Kaiwhakahaere Hōtaka email@example.com by Sunday 17 October 2021
- We’ll let you know as soon as we can if you’re a good fit for the Summer at Q 2022 programme